When you attend a P3Bootcamp, you’ll experience informative panel discussions on topics similar to the below. Click here to download the Los Angeles P3Bootcamp agenda.
The Framework of Public-Private Partnerships & First Steps in the Process
- What is a P3?
- Reasons to consider a P3.
- Sectors where P3s are used.
- Understanding what a P3 can and cannot do.
- How do P3s differ from traditional privatization and procurement processes?
Identifying and Developing a P3 Project
- What attracts the private sector to P3 projects?
- Evaluating whether a project is a suitable candidate for a P3.
- Considering options for P3 approaches.
- Formulating the project based on the agency’s needs.
- Identifying and allocating risk.
The Procurement Process/Best Practices
- Overview of the procurement process.
- Running a transparent procurement while maintaining the confidentiality of bidders.
- Timing of the procurement and the status of the environmental/permitting process.
- What tools are available, and how to evaluate which tools are most appropriate to a particular project.
- What are the key elements/issues/structures involved in financing a P3?
- What do equity investors and lenders look for in a project?
- What do practitioners need to see in a structure to make a deal work?
P3 Market Trends
- Where is the P3 market headed?
- What sectors are primed for P3 growth?
- How will the market trends affect your approach to projects?